High School Student
**Previous winners of the McChord Spouses Club Scholarships ARE welcome to apply and eligible to receive the McChord Thrift Shop Scholarships, granted they meet the requirements below.**
1. These awards will be offered to legal dependents* of:
A. Active duty Air Force personnel stationed in the local area** or on assignment to any unaccompanied remote tour where the family resides in the local area**
B. Retired Air Force personnel residing in the local area**
C. Deceased Air Force personnel where the family resides in the local area**
D. Air Force Reservists and Air National Guard assigned to McChord Field
* A dependent for scholarship purposes is defined as a currently unmarried natural child, an adopted child, or a stepchild, who has not passed his/her 21st birthday. Applicants must be authorized dependent privileges and possess a valid dependent ID card.
**Local area is defined as up to and including the area within a 40-mile radius of the main gate of McChord Field.
2. The applicant must be a senior in high school as recognized by the State of Washington, and be graduating from an accredited high school or home school.
3. The applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale to be eligible.
4. The applicant must be planning to attend an accredited two or four-year University, college or technical college on a full time basis. Full time is defined as taking a minimum of 12 hours per term.